Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Affogato



How is it that I have lived 43 years on this earth and did not know about this delicious combination?  I know it's simple...espresso and gelato....but, what a beautiful relationship that must be?  Shall I give you a moment to catch your breath?  I'll wait.  Maybe you should also grab a tissue. I fear you may tear up at the utter thought of having this one night after a lovely meal.  For some reason it has been haunting me a bit.  I first read about it on a blog that I follow, and then when I went to Whole Foods today there it was again!  The amazing people at Whole Foods have started offering gelato right next to the happy place where angelic baristas help me make it through my day...otherwise known as the espresso counter.
   I am sorry to inform you that I have yet to try an affogato, but I was compelled to share this with you in case YOU hadn't heard of it as well.  So, go!  Go get yourself an affogato.   I want a full report.

No comments:

Post a Comment